Search our catalog for the subject words explorers or the specific name of the explorer and juvenile (enter both words with a space between them).
Don’t forget to ask the librarian if there are books set aside on school reserve for this topic!
- 1492: An Ongoing Voyage
- Exploring the history of contact between European explorers and the Americas between 1492 and 1600, this exhibit from the Library of Congress is a great resource for information about life in pre-Columbian America as well as the early exploration of our continent.
- Discovers Web
- This very big page collects links to lots of information about explorers from around the Web. You might want to get your parents to help you find important stuff here.
- Irish and Vikings
- This page has lots of links to other places on the Web where you can find information about Viking explorers.
- Kid Info: Famous Explorers
- A large index of links to information on individual and groups of explorers selected particularly for fifth graders.
- Mariners’ Museum: The Age of Exploration Curriculum Guide
- A wonderful site with information about navigation and voyages as well as explorers.
- Passages: A Treasure Trove of North American Exploration
- From the National Library of Canada.
- Yahoo! Exploration Page
- Enormous set of links from the compilers of this well-known subject directory.