Please see the information on ponds in volume 15 of the World Book Encyclopedia (REF J031 – found in the Wilton Library Children’s Reference section) and try searching our catalog with for the subject words ponds and juvenile (enter both words with a space between them).
Don’t forget to ask the librarian if there are books set aside on school reserve for this topic!
- All About Turtles
- Lots of turtle information from the Gulf of Maine Aquarium.
- The Butterfly WebSite
- Lots of information about butterflies. See especially the Education section.
- From the Exploratorium in San Francisco.
- Check out the life cycle information in “Weird Frog Facts.”
- Katerpillars (& Mystery Bugs)
- Basic information about insects and their relatives from the University of Kentucky.
- Ponds & Lakes
- Learn the difference between a lake and a pond, how ponds are born and die, and all about algae from the Missouri Botanical Garden.
- A Thousand Friends of Frogs
- A Thousand Friends of Frogs connects K-12 students, educators, families, and scientists to study and celebrate frogs and their habitats.
- Wonderful World of Insects
- Information on spiders, mites, anthropods, and other insects.