- American Library Association
The professional association for librarians. Publishes American Libraries.
An online journal “targeted principally at information science professionals in academia.”
- BUBL Information Service
A resource for the higher education community with extensive databases of professional literature in information sciences.
- Connecticut Library Association
Professional association for Connecticut librarians.
- Connecticut Library Consortium
The Connecticut Library Consortium is a statewide membership collaborative serving all types of Connecticut libraries by initiating and facilitating cost-effective services to strengthen their ability to serve their users. CLC replaces former regional consortia like WCLC.
Search this database from the U.S. Copyright Office for works registered for copyright since 1978. Search also for supplemental documents such as name changes and transfers. [Telnet or TN3270 program required.]
- Freedom Forum
Full text of publications and speeches relating to First Amendment rights, current news items.
- HAPLR Index
Rates public libraries in the U.S. on 15 different input and output measures.
- Innovative Internet Applications in Libraries
This round-up provides an overview of some of the exciting and innovative things libraries are doing on the Internet.
- Internet Public Library
Links to mission statements, collection development policies, job opportunites, annual reports, and interesting projects/events being planned by public libraries around the country.
The place to go to keep on top of news from the library world.
- Librarians in the Movies
A comprehensive filmography of the portrayal of librarians and libraries in the movies.
- Library Cats Map
Just for fun, visit this site and check out the cats from your state. Independent filmmaker Gary Roma was inspired to film the documentary “Puss in Books: Adventures of a Library Cat” after stumbling across a listing for the Library Cat Society in the Encyclopedia of Associations and discovering that there are more that 200 cats that reside or spend large amounts of time in American libraries.
- Library Link of the Day
For those interested in keeping up with current issues in librarianship but don’t have time for 20 email lists and 10 blogs a day, this site links to one high-quality resource on a current issue per day. You can even subscribe to have the link sent to you via email.
- Library, Information Science and Technology Abstracts
This free databases provided by EBSCO Publishing is a free resource to anyone interested in libraries and information management. LISTA indexes nearly 600 periodicals plus books, research reports, and proceedings.
- Library Job Sites
- Connecticut Library Association Jobline
- Drexel College of Information Science and Technology Job Postings
- LISjobs.com: Jobs for Librarians and Information Professionals
- Library Journal Classifieds
- The Networked Librarian Job Search Guides
- New England Jobline
- University of Texas School of Information
- Connecticut Library Association Jobline
Professional development for library support staff, including links to library publications, web development info, on-the-job help, education opportunities and tutorials, and more.
A free virtual library resource center.
Provides OCLC services to New England libraries as well as training, consortium database pricing, and a regional jobline.
- A Simple Book Repair Manual
An extensive guide to book repair created by members of Preservation Services, Dartmouth College Library.
- Standards at the Library of Congress
An online source for information about the standards maintained by the Library of Congress, including MARC, EAD, Z39.50, and ISSN. Also includes links to related standards organizations.
- Tour of the Dewey Decimal System
A tour of the Dewey Decimal System and an interactive quiz.
- Bethel Public Library
- Bridgeport Public Library
- Connecticut State Library
- Cyrenius H. Booth Library (Newtown)
- Danbury Library
- Darien Library
- Easton Public Library
- The Everett I.L. Baker Library (Norwalk Community College)
- Fairfield Public Library
- Greenwich Library
- New Canaan Library
- Norwalk Public Library
- Mark Twain Public Library (Redding)
- Ridgefield Library Association
- Pequot Library (Southport)
- Ferguson Library (Stamford)
- The Trumbull Library System
- Western Connecticut State University Libraries
- Weston Public Library
- Westport Public Library
- Yale University Library
- IPL: The Internet Public Library
Put together originally as a graduate project at the University of Michigan, the IPL has now become a showcase for moving the library into an electronic environment.
- The Library of Congress
Major exhibits, the THOMAS database of current and historical information on the U.S. Congress, and a learning center for students and teachers is included.
- The Public Library Locator
A tool to help you locate information about a public library or a public library service outlet.