Most items borrowed from the Wilton Library may be renewed twice for a time equal to the original loan period. The Library provides three convenient ways to extend your borrowing period:
- Stop by the circulation desk and ask to renew your items. You needn’t bring the items with you to renew them.
- Phone the Library (203-762-3950) anytime during our regular hours and renew by phone.
- Renew yourself through Patron Account in our online catalog, 24 hours a day.
Renewing through the online catalog. Click on the link to the left; click on Patron Account enter your library card barcode number (without spaces) and the last 4 digits of your phone number; click on the “Log in” button. Click on the blue “Items Out” box. Place a check mark in the box next to the items you would like to renew and click on the “Renew Selected Items” button. If there were items that didn’t renew, a message will appear with details.
Renewing overdue items. Items which are overdue but have not exceeded their renewal limit may be renewed using any of the above methods. This will stop the accrual of late fees and extend your borrowing period. Any fees accrued since the original due date will be charged to your account and may be paid on your next visit to the library.
Items which cannot be renewed. Some items cannot be renewed:
- items on hold for other patrons
- iPad Kits, Kindle Kits, Nook Kits
- Quick Pick Books
- Quick Pick DVDs
- items borrowed from other libraries through interlibrary loan (except with special permission)
- items which have exceeded renewal limit