165 Ridgefield Rd. Wilton, CT
Phone: 203-762-5591 X101
Fax: 203-762-5851
Email: Pam@wiltoncongregational.org

Hillside Cemetery is located on the westerly side of the Ridgefield Road about a quarter of a mile west of the Wilton Congregational Church and is one of the naturally beautiful high spots in Wilton. It is owned and managed by the Wilton Congregational Church. The land was given to the church in 1831 for use as a cemetery following the building of its third church in 1790, succeeding its establishment in 1726. The cemetery area was enlarged to about ten acres in 1918 by the gift of the adjoining and older E. G. Betts Family Cemetery. Two subsequent purchases of land make almost thirty-five acres available.

242 Danbury Rd. Wilton, CT
Contact: Winkie Chesley (203)762-3189

St. Matthew's Cemetery got its start in 1815 when John Lambert donated an acre of land on Danbury Rd. south of the church. His brother-in-law, George Crookshank, gave another half acre in 1852 and more land was added later. The wrought iron fence and gate were a gift in 1890 from Julia Abby Davenport, daughter of Judge George Davenport.

470 Danbury Rd. Wilton, CT
Contact: (203)762-9890

Zion's Hill Cemetery and Bald Hill Cemetery were both laid out by Methodist churches, in 1847 and 1850 respectively. Only the Zion's Hill church remains today. Wilton's last Civil War veteran, Hezekiah Osborn, is buried at Zion's Hill, along with twenty-two other veterans.

385 Ridgefield Rd. Wilton, CT
Contact: Wilton Library History Room 203-762-6330

The Comstock Cemetery is located behind a gentle hill on the west side of Ridgefield Road, just south of Signal Hill North . Here rest more than sixty forefathers of Wilton and their family members. It was opened during the Revolution in 1782 and is the third oldest burial yard in the Town. Burials continued to be made here until 1851. A marker at the southern entrance, placed by the Drum Hill Chapter of the DAR, marks the cemetery as the resting place of seven Revolutionary War soldiers.

204 Danbury Road
Contact: Wilton Library History Room 203-762-6330

The Sharp Hill Cemetery dates back to around 1738 when it replaced the long lost original burying ground on Wolfpit Rd. The land was given by John Marvin, Sr. and later supplemented by a purchase from Richard Dunning. The earliest legible stone is that of Mable Elmer with a date of January 1744. Many of the stones are simply field stones mounted on edge. Eighteen Revolutionary War and six French and Indian War veterans are buried here. Sharp Hill was a principal burying place for Wilton up until the mid 1800s.

825 Ridgefield Rd. Wilton , Ct  06897
mailing address -   PO Box 214, Wilton, CT 06897

Bald Hill Cemetery is located on the west side of Ridgefield Road directly behind the site of the old Bald Hill Methodist Church, long gone from the countryside. The first person buried here was Fanny Gray who died in 1856. The cemetery is owned and well maintained by a private association and continues to be a pleasant and attractive final resting place for Wilton families.

108 DeForest Rd.
Contact: Wilton Library History Room 203-762-6330

The DeForest Cemetery is a family cemetery located on the south side of DeForest Road and is visible from the road. It has been maintained periodically with the help of volunteer effort. While many of the stones are unreadable, the remainder provide a host of genealogical data on the local branch of the DeForest family.

96 Silver Spring Rd.
Contact: Wilton Library History Room 203-762-6330

The Rusco (Ruscoe) Cemetery is on the west side of Silver Spring Road about 1/4 mile south of Ruscoe Road and up an old road which was the route of Silver Spring Road prior to 1931.

943 Danbury Road
Contact: Wilton Library History Room 203-762-6330

The Batterson Cemetery is located on the west side of Danbury Road just past Hiebeck's in Georgetown. Largely unattended in past years, it was cleaned up in 2004 by a troop of Wilton Boy Scouts.

2700 Ridgefield Road
Contact: Wilton Library History Room 203-762-6330

The Morgan Cemetery is a small family cemetery with approximately thirty headstones located on the east side of Ridgefield Road across from the Marhoffer Fire Station. The earliest grave is that of Zalmon Morgan dated 1817 while Hester Ann Davis seems to be the last person buried there in 1899. Albert Allen, one of Wilton's Civil War casualties, may also be found there. A lovely iron gate built into a stone wall marks its location.

96 Silver Spring Rd.

Hoyt Cemetery is farther north of the Ruscoe Cemetery and on the east side of the old Silver Spring pathway. It is no longer visible and is fenced off on private land. However, the owners are required by deed restriction to provide access.

46 New Canaan Rd.
(203) 762-5514

A more recent addition to the list of Wilton's cemeteries is the Presbyterian Church Memorial Garden located at the rear of the Episcopal-Presbyterian complex on New Canaan Rd.