Wilton Library seeks a full-time, dedicated finance professional to be part of a dynamic administrative team. This position provides a fulfilling opportunity to apply a wide range of skills and expertise in the areas of accounting, budgeting and human resources. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Head of Finance and Human Resources oversees all aspects of financial management for the library, which has an annual operating budget of approximately $3.2 million. The Head of Finance and Human Resources is also responsible for administering payroll and all employee benefits for a staff of approximately 45 employees.
- Keeps complete set of financial records
- Processes monies received, deposits in appropriate accounts; records all receipts in appropriate financial records and completes monthly bank reconciliations
- Verifies bills; collates for payment; prepares checks for signature; records in appropriate financial records
- Processes payroll, interfaces with payroll provider and 403b Administrator, calculates time sheets, keeps record of sick, vacation and personal days
- Responsible for the processing and distribution of 1099's
- Prepare all required paperwork and journal entries for our Annual Audit based on an accrual accounting method
- Work with auditors to prepare the 990 and 5500 tax returns
- Complete a workers compensation annual audit
- Complete year end data request documents for our 403(b) plan annual audit
- Prepares periodic reports and surveys for federal, state, and other external organizations including the Connecticut State Library Annual Report and FLAG report
- Creates monthly financial statements which include year-end forecasting and explanations of all variances to budget
- Works with the Treasurer of the Board of Trustees to review monthly financial position and in creating the annual budget
- Other monthly reports include cash and investment reports, circulation/activity reports, tracking of all restricted and unrestricted funds and book sales
- Reconcile all cash and credit cards for our four to five book sales per year and work with staff and volunteers to help coordinate the financial part of the sale
- Prepares monthly spreadsheets of all Library Investment Accounts, which includes tracking all activity in Restricted and Unrestricted Accounts
- Stay in compliance with all new labor laws including minimum wage
- Prepares first draft of yearly budget, and updates budget as required
- Upon request, furnishes extra statistical and financial data to Board of Trustees
- Attends monthly staff meetings, department head meetings and the Board of Trustees Finance meetings.
- Assist Director with any HR concerns and work with Dept. heads on any personnel issues
- Responsible for the administration of Health Insurance and all other employee benefits
- Responsible for pricing out Building Insurance (package, workers comp, D&O, umbrella and flood)
- Performs such other duties as may be required by the Director
Education and Skills Required:
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university and minimum five years of administrative and finance experience. Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and accounting principles; strong interpersonal relationship skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills, exercise discretion and maintain composure in stressful situations; project positive customer service and teamwork attitude; organized and pays attention to detail and accuracy; has good problem solving and time management skills.
Experience and demonstrated competence in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel). Ability to operate general office equipment and communications equipment. Experience with Quickbooks and Non-Profit Accounting is a plus.
This is a full time (35 hours per week), in-person, exempt position with benefits. Salary range is $80,000 - $90,000, commensurate with experience.
To apply please email your resume, cover letter and Application for Employment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by April 10.
Wilton Library Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.